There are several publicly available textbook resources on data analysis and learning R written by remarkable researchers.
An Introduction to Statistical Learning by Gareth James, Daniela Witten, Trevor Hastie, and Robert Tibshirani
The Leanpub website
Leanpub offers various textbooks for free or for a small donation
- Data Analysis for the Life Sciences by Rafael Irizarry and Michael Love
- R Programming for Data Science by Roger D. Peng
- Exploratory Data Analysis with R by Roger D. Peng
- Statistical inference for data science by Brian Caffo
- The Elements of Data Analytic Style by Jeff Leek
- Executive Data Science by Caffo, Peng, Leek
- Mastering Software Development in R by Peng, Sean Kross, Brooke Anderson
Hadley Wickham the chief scientist at RStudio has contributed numerous packages to the R community. In addition to his ggplot2 textbook, he has written other resources for data science and advanced topics in R.
Efficient R Programming
Written by Colin Gillespie and Robin Lovelace, the Efficient R Programming textbook provides good reference for advanced topics in R.
*Book compilation required from GitHub. See the GitHub README on the repo.